Feb 9, 2014

[anuStar] devlog ~02: The Origin of anuStar

Helloo, it's been a week since I revealed project anuStar for the first time here. Actually we've created a devlog thread on tigsource and we update regularly. However, since I can't leave this blog empty, I should write something on here too...and you can follow me @ricolemba to get extra updates there :D

Actually, I started this project as a side-project, I was playing Gunstar Super Heroes at that time and really enjoyed it. I think I haven't said this, but I'm really obsessed with level design and Treasure's games really excel in that, and I haven't made any game that focuses on level design since Sword of August. I was thinking, it's been a long time, why don't I try making another one? then I made a prototype and Lazcht finally want to take a part. After that, this game now becomes one of stellarNull's official project. yeahh!

This game will mainly focus on level design and boss battles, I try to add unique elements to the game and at the same time I try to not too depend on gimmick. We will mostly innovate in level design, boss design and of course art direction and audio.

We haven't gave a lot of thought about the storyline and I don't think we will add story that much. I originally planned this game to be classic style sidescroller, but we'll see in the future!

I guess that's all I could share for now, see you next time!
~hipon