Feb 26, 2014

[anuStar] devlog ~04: Finding Harmony

Last week was quite tough, it's not because we worked really hard, if we look at the current build it may look quite stagnant compared to last week *at least, gameplay wise*. Actually, it's tough because I was tweaking the game balance, level design, etc and it seems I will keep tweaking this until it feels right.



Like I said before, this game overall style takes a lot of inspirations from one of Treasure's games, Gunstar Heroes. However, after I implemented the spawning system, it turns out to be very different, which is good! But, since the feel now differs from Gunstar Heroes, I can't use some techniques from Gunstar Heroes, I need to develop my own, in other words, I need to work harder XD.


I guess that's all for today, I don't really have much to reveal right now, even though the game might be different compared to first time I potrayed in my head, my goal still be the same, the gameplay will be chaotic, boss-heavy, and very retro :D

thumbs up from Goey

see you next time!


~hipon